Skip to main content

...

So, world's of fun was, well, fun. As usual. However, it started with a quick change from hot weather, to cool breeze blowing in storm clouds, to rain, to being pelted with a downpour as we made a mad dash back to our car...my kids were not impressed. Anyhow, we ate lunch and waited it out in the car, then went and bought our tickets. Someone gave us a coupon while were waiting in line, which got us a free ticket for M! Yay! And then we proceeded to ride rollercoasters, spinning rides, kids rides, rip cord...so on and so forth, with pretty decent weather. And of course, the essentials: funnel cake and dippin dots. We didn't get home until really late...technically my kids missed dinner, because they were passed out when we got back to Bob and Gail's and went straight to bed.
Now, back to summer school. Which is just as bad as everyone says. Especially when they are online....especially when you are a procrastinator. So I'm doing my homework....well, technically I am currently procrastinating as you can see.
Kids are sick again...cold or something. It involves coughing and lots of snot...which I now think I am getting.
And on a side note - I had a girls night out, drank a margarita, yummy chocolate cake shots, a few beers...had some very poor, but fun bowling, and dancing....I didn't dance, too much rubbing up against strangers for me, but there was dancing. :)

Comments

erin said…
Lol ... rubbing against strangers. Hehe. Where are you dancing? I don't rub against strangers. Crazy lady.

World's of Fun was fun! Lets do it again, without the rain.

Popular posts from this blog

Stranger Danger

Ok. So, we've talked to M about strangers a bit, telling her to be safe and what not. A couple of times she brings it up when we say no she can't do something and she says "because there are stangers?" or some such. We haven't talked about it recently, but apparently the message stuck: We were at Wal-Mart, had just finised checking out and J went to use the restroom and M wanted to get a drink from the water fountain -I was still a few steps behind, so M said "Mom will you come a little bit closer?" and I said yes, and she continued "because you wouldn't want a stranger to grab me." I smiled and said "No I wouldn't like that." And she said "You would say 'oh no! someone has taken my child!" At which point I couldn't help but laugh and tell her how much I loved her.

back to school

We had a great trip up to Idaho for a family reunion (J's side of the family) after a short camping trip with some of my family in Iowa (not family from Iowa, just where we met up). We've been pretty busy and summer has disappeared. It didn't help that I had summer classes,and only 3 weeks off. We got to do some rough scouting in Colorado, to see where we might likely live when we finally move. Quite a few good stories, but I split them up. When we were in Colorado Springs we decided to go to Seven Falls - where they told us the Mountain elevator is broken, so they will take $1 off our admissions. We agreed, not minding 185 steps....wait, what did J just agree to? So we went to climb said stairs, which were small, and steep and seemed to go on forever; about half way up - the first set of stairs - M gets tired of climbing (we saw this coming,and I didn't blame her, I was tired too!) so I take E from J and J picks up M (he's stronger after all). We push ourselves th...

Go Figure

So, my kids go to educare ( a daycare center by my school, that has discounted student rates - otherwise I in no fashion could imagine paying for). Not only do I get student rates, but I also qualify for a grant that covers most of the costs. However - there is always, at some point, going to be a however. First, I couldn't keep their spots for my fall semester, unless I had them enrolled for the summer, which I wouldn't qualify for the grant unless I was taking full time classes...so I enrolled for summer classes (which I did not want to do) and kept them in. Then I found out that the summer rate covered by the grant would be less, meaning I would have to pay more - almost making it so I couldn't afford it, but we cut corners in our budget to make it work. Now, today, M's teacher told us that they are increasing the regular rate, and decreasing the student discount because the old rate isn't covering costs. Now I really and truly can not afford it. The daily r...