Skip to main content

Oh what a day

This morning started with cranky kids. Both of them. E just whiny and M complaining that her stomache hurts (which is generally gas when she complains). Then, I am changing E's dirty diaper and low and behold I find this in his diaper: (not the quarter, its there for size reference)




...oh yeah - in one end and out the other. It is a glass bead/rock. GEEZ! Then I go to school and take them to educare, M went fine, but as soon as I put E down he started to cry. Off to class, where I am shopping for a new quickbooks trial so I can finish my Computerized accounting class; I purchased one, but I was trying to save money by buying a used edition. Well, guess what? Used trials only work for 30 days, and you can't register it for the full 140 days cause it has already been registered under someone else. You know how much a new one costs? $100! Did I mention I was trying to save money?? Anyway, around 2 I get a call from M's teacher who says that M has a 102 fever and has thrown up - so I go to get my kids and go home. M still has her fever and feels horrible but has not thrown up so far. (keep your fingers crossed for me). Then while just chillin at home with justi E makes this HORRIBLE noise in his diaper. And I am busy taking care of M so Justi offers (sort of) to change his diaper - she deserves a raise. It was nasty (I know you want to hear this) but I will spare you all the details...essentially E has diahrea that can not be contained by a diaper. He does it again...and again. And the third time he continued even after I had opened the diaper. Neither kid ate dinner - which was the highlight of the night having 3 very important factors: yummy, cheap and easy. And I am sharing the recipe because I owe Megan one:

Swiss Chicken and Steamed Rice

4-6 boneless chicken breasts, pounded
1/4 c white cooking wine
1 can cream of chicken soup
Swiss Cheese slices
1 c herb stuffing mix
1/4 c melted butter
enough steamed rice for your family

Mix wine and chicken soup. Mix butter and herb stuffing. Layer chicken, cheese, soup mixture and then stuffing mix. Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes, uncovered. Serve over steamed rice.
(we also served ours with green beans.)

Now they are in bed, and I am sharing my day with you. The end.

Comments

M said…
OH, it was a poo-ie day. Call you later. MWAH!
erin said…
Oh man. I'm going to keep this day in mind when I say I want two kids.
erin said…
And where did the glass bead come from?! Thank God it went through.

Popular posts from this blog

Stranger Danger

Ok. So, we've talked to M about strangers a bit, telling her to be safe and what not. A couple of times she brings it up when we say no she can't do something and she says "because there are stangers?" or some such. We haven't talked about it recently, but apparently the message stuck: We were at Wal-Mart, had just finised checking out and J went to use the restroom and M wanted to get a drink from the water fountain -I was still a few steps behind, so M said "Mom will you come a little bit closer?" and I said yes, and she continued "because you wouldn't want a stranger to grab me." I smiled and said "No I wouldn't like that." And she said "You would say 'oh no! someone has taken my child!" At which point I couldn't help but laugh and tell her how much I loved her.

back to school

We had a great trip up to Idaho for a family reunion (J's side of the family) after a short camping trip with some of my family in Iowa (not family from Iowa, just where we met up). We've been pretty busy and summer has disappeared. It didn't help that I had summer classes,and only 3 weeks off. We got to do some rough scouting in Colorado, to see where we might likely live when we finally move. Quite a few good stories, but I split them up. When we were in Colorado Springs we decided to go to Seven Falls - where they told us the Mountain elevator is broken, so they will take $1 off our admissions. We agreed, not minding 185 steps....wait, what did J just agree to? So we went to climb said stairs, which were small, and steep and seemed to go on forever; about half way up - the first set of stairs - M gets tired of climbing (we saw this coming,and I didn't blame her, I was tired too!) so I take E from J and J picks up M (he's stronger after all). We push ourselves th...

Go Figure

So, my kids go to educare ( a daycare center by my school, that has discounted student rates - otherwise I in no fashion could imagine paying for). Not only do I get student rates, but I also qualify for a grant that covers most of the costs. However - there is always, at some point, going to be a however. First, I couldn't keep their spots for my fall semester, unless I had them enrolled for the summer, which I wouldn't qualify for the grant unless I was taking full time classes...so I enrolled for summer classes (which I did not want to do) and kept them in. Then I found out that the summer rate covered by the grant would be less, meaning I would have to pay more - almost making it so I couldn't afford it, but we cut corners in our budget to make it work. Now, today, M's teacher told us that they are increasing the regular rate, and decreasing the student discount because the old rate isn't covering costs. Now I really and truly can not afford it. The daily r...