Skip to main content

Learning...or at least trying to.

People try to tell you "Don't do that. I've done it, so just trust me. Learn from my mistakes."
I used to hate that. I'm sure all young people do. And some older people. The thing is, most people learn from their own mistakes, and don't believe that other peoples mistakes will become thier own.
I have learned otherwise. About, oh I don't know, 85% of the time when someone tries to warn me of something and I don't listen I do make the same mistakes. And it's not fun any of the times.
So today, I am using ALL of my strenght to listen to my big sisters advice - despite what my own...judgment (or emotions)...are telling me. And I mean ALL of my strength. I figure she must be right, and my choice of path isn't worth the trouble and frustration. We will see.
Thank you Megan.

Comments

erin said…
Umm ... this message is all garble to me. First, I don't know what advice you are listening too, and second ... hello, you're listening to advice from Megan! Second point, but First flag. ;)

(Just teasing, she's almost always right - I mean she is a Mom after all, which makes her always right to everyone but her sisters ... to us she is just ALMOST always right)

Hope you can stick to your guns and learn from Megan. Good Luck.
Emily said…
is this a teaser? it all leads up to a story and then ends! cruel.

Popular posts from this blog

Stranger Danger

Ok. So, we've talked to M about strangers a bit, telling her to be safe and what not. A couple of times she brings it up when we say no she can't do something and she says "because there are stangers?" or some such. We haven't talked about it recently, but apparently the message stuck: We were at Wal-Mart, had just finised checking out and J went to use the restroom and M wanted to get a drink from the water fountain -I was still a few steps behind, so M said "Mom will you come a little bit closer?" and I said yes, and she continued "because you wouldn't want a stranger to grab me." I smiled and said "No I wouldn't like that." And she said "You would say 'oh no! someone has taken my child!" At which point I couldn't help but laugh and tell her how much I loved her.

back to school

We had a great trip up to Idaho for a family reunion (J's side of the family) after a short camping trip with some of my family in Iowa (not family from Iowa, just where we met up). We've been pretty busy and summer has disappeared. It didn't help that I had summer classes,and only 3 weeks off. We got to do some rough scouting in Colorado, to see where we might likely live when we finally move. Quite a few good stories, but I split them up. When we were in Colorado Springs we decided to go to Seven Falls - where they told us the Mountain elevator is broken, so they will take $1 off our admissions. We agreed, not minding 185 steps....wait, what did J just agree to? So we went to climb said stairs, which were small, and steep and seemed to go on forever; about half way up - the first set of stairs - M gets tired of climbing (we saw this coming,and I didn't blame her, I was tired too!) so I take E from J and J picks up M (he's stronger after all). We push ourselves th...

Go Figure

So, my kids go to educare ( a daycare center by my school, that has discounted student rates - otherwise I in no fashion could imagine paying for). Not only do I get student rates, but I also qualify for a grant that covers most of the costs. However - there is always, at some point, going to be a however. First, I couldn't keep their spots for my fall semester, unless I had them enrolled for the summer, which I wouldn't qualify for the grant unless I was taking full time classes...so I enrolled for summer classes (which I did not want to do) and kept them in. Then I found out that the summer rate covered by the grant would be less, meaning I would have to pay more - almost making it so I couldn't afford it, but we cut corners in our budget to make it work. Now, today, M's teacher told us that they are increasing the regular rate, and decreasing the student discount because the old rate isn't covering costs. Now I really and truly can not afford it. The daily r...