Skip to main content

M loves her baby brother!

Monday was like any other monday. M woke up and yells "DAAAAAD!" and again "DaaaaAAAaaaD! I'm ready to get up! DAAAAD!" and after a little bit of nothing... "MOOOOM!....MOM!....MoooooOOOOOOoooooMMMM! I'm ready to get up." and so I go and get her out of bed, and we schlump sleepily into the kitchen to get some cereal for breakfast. This morning I did not have E with me, because he was sound asleep in my bed. M had to go to the bathroom, so I took her through my bedroom to my bathroom, and when we were done we went back out for breakfast. I was fairly certain she did not notice E. When I was pouring our cereal this is what proceeded:


M: mom. where's my baby brother?

me: I don't know.

M (smiling at the game): No, where is E?

me: I don't know, M. Maybe he is GONE!

M: no. Where is that cute little guy with a mohawk?

me: I got rid of him.

M: no you didn't where is he?

me: No, M, I got rid of him. I didn't want him anymore so I got rid of him.

M (doesn't think this is a game anymore) starts to cry: Noooo. mooom. where is Eeee? where is he? :more crying:


I realize I took this just a little too far. have no fear though, I picked her up and showed her her baby brother asleep in bed, and she calmed down. But I learned my lesson. She really loves that little guy.


This is E's mohawk:

Comments

erin said…
Dude, he's speaking to you with his face. As best he can. Let me interpret.

"Mom! What the Hell!"
M said…
ROFLOL - seriously. He IS saying something.

Popular posts from this blog

Stranger Danger

Ok. So, we've talked to M about strangers a bit, telling her to be safe and what not. A couple of times she brings it up when we say no she can't do something and she says "because there are stangers?" or some such. We haven't talked about it recently, but apparently the message stuck: We were at Wal-Mart, had just finised checking out and J went to use the restroom and M wanted to get a drink from the water fountain -I was still a few steps behind, so M said "Mom will you come a little bit closer?" and I said yes, and she continued "because you wouldn't want a stranger to grab me." I smiled and said "No I wouldn't like that." And she said "You would say 'oh no! someone has taken my child!" At which point I couldn't help but laugh and tell her how much I loved her.

back to school

We had a great trip up to Idaho for a family reunion (J's side of the family) after a short camping trip with some of my family in Iowa (not family from Iowa, just where we met up). We've been pretty busy and summer has disappeared. It didn't help that I had summer classes,and only 3 weeks off. We got to do some rough scouting in Colorado, to see where we might likely live when we finally move. Quite a few good stories, but I split them up. When we were in Colorado Springs we decided to go to Seven Falls - where they told us the Mountain elevator is broken, so they will take $1 off our admissions. We agreed, not minding 185 steps....wait, what did J just agree to? So we went to climb said stairs, which were small, and steep and seemed to go on forever; about half way up - the first set of stairs - M gets tired of climbing (we saw this coming,and I didn't blame her, I was tired too!) so I take E from J and J picks up M (he's stronger after all). We push ourselves th...

Go Figure

So, my kids go to educare ( a daycare center by my school, that has discounted student rates - otherwise I in no fashion could imagine paying for). Not only do I get student rates, but I also qualify for a grant that covers most of the costs. However - there is always, at some point, going to be a however. First, I couldn't keep their spots for my fall semester, unless I had them enrolled for the summer, which I wouldn't qualify for the grant unless I was taking full time classes...so I enrolled for summer classes (which I did not want to do) and kept them in. Then I found out that the summer rate covered by the grant would be less, meaning I would have to pay more - almost making it so I couldn't afford it, but we cut corners in our budget to make it work. Now, today, M's teacher told us that they are increasing the regular rate, and decreasing the student discount because the old rate isn't covering costs. Now I really and truly can not afford it. The daily r...