Skip to main content

our trip continued

After visiting Colorado Springs, we continued to visit Loveland, Longmont (so far our favorite), Greeley and a few smaller towns in between. Out of Colorado we checked out Laramie Wyoming, which we are not fond of, but the trip was still fun. When we got to Idaho on Monday we went to Emily's house and stayed with her until Thursday morning. We got to ride Emily's horse (kinda emily's, kinda just borrowed) Buster, which M loved! and we got some cute pics of her on Buster, and some of E on the four wheeler! WE went swimming, but we chose a pretty chilly and windy day for swimming, so it didn't last long. The highlight for me (other than Emily of course) was El Herradaros (sp?), a super yummy authentic mexican food restraunt, that serves cheep and delicious food - tacos, super burrito and quesadilla for us! We ate there twice.

Emily's dog, Harley is as big as my daughter (ok, not as tall, but you'll get the picture) but he is super sweet, and I love him. WE played in Emily's yard a bit, and M was introduced to mint that is growing in her garden; one day she was following Chris all over and playing with him, and apparently he got her some (they also went around and picked flowers for me) And she insisted on keeping it and offered everyone to rub it on there hands (it makes them smell good) or to smell it. She got a big leaf from a tree and rolled her mint up in it and stuck in it her pocket to take camping with us. Before we left Emily's M said "I will miss Emily and Harley and Chris, but this mint will remind me of them" and then, when we were camping, she still had her mint, took it out of her pocket and said "I miss Emily." It was really cute. And now she always thinks of Emily when she has mint. WE MISS YOU EMILY!!

Comments

erin said…
That dog IS huge! And the mint thing is adorable.

Popular posts from this blog

Stranger Danger

Ok. So, we've talked to M about strangers a bit, telling her to be safe and what not. A couple of times she brings it up when we say no she can't do something and she says "because there are stangers?" or some such. We haven't talked about it recently, but apparently the message stuck: We were at Wal-Mart, had just finised checking out and J went to use the restroom and M wanted to get a drink from the water fountain -I was still a few steps behind, so M said "Mom will you come a little bit closer?" and I said yes, and she continued "because you wouldn't want a stranger to grab me." I smiled and said "No I wouldn't like that." And she said "You would say 'oh no! someone has taken my child!" At which point I couldn't help but laugh and tell her how much I loved her.

back to school

We had a great trip up to Idaho for a family reunion (J's side of the family) after a short camping trip with some of my family in Iowa (not family from Iowa, just where we met up). We've been pretty busy and summer has disappeared. It didn't help that I had summer classes,and only 3 weeks off. We got to do some rough scouting in Colorado, to see where we might likely live when we finally move. Quite a few good stories, but I split them up. When we were in Colorado Springs we decided to go to Seven Falls - where they told us the Mountain elevator is broken, so they will take $1 off our admissions. We agreed, not minding 185 steps....wait, what did J just agree to? So we went to climb said stairs, which were small, and steep and seemed to go on forever; about half way up - the first set of stairs - M gets tired of climbing (we saw this coming,and I didn't blame her, I was tired too!) so I take E from J and J picks up M (he's stronger after all). We push ourselves th...

Go Figure

So, my kids go to educare ( a daycare center by my school, that has discounted student rates - otherwise I in no fashion could imagine paying for). Not only do I get student rates, but I also qualify for a grant that covers most of the costs. However - there is always, at some point, going to be a however. First, I couldn't keep their spots for my fall semester, unless I had them enrolled for the summer, which I wouldn't qualify for the grant unless I was taking full time classes...so I enrolled for summer classes (which I did not want to do) and kept them in. Then I found out that the summer rate covered by the grant would be less, meaning I would have to pay more - almost making it so I couldn't afford it, but we cut corners in our budget to make it work. Now, today, M's teacher told us that they are increasing the regular rate, and decreasing the student discount because the old rate isn't covering costs. Now I really and truly can not afford it. The daily r...