Skip to main content

and now she is 4

It is hard for me to believe that I have a 4 year old. There is no way M is 4 already!? How did that happen?? She had a great birthday, with many wonderful presents...to be honest probably the best set of presents she's gotten yet. She loves every single one of them, has played with most of them, a lot. (except the kite, but that is to be done soon). Her favorite is probably the hamster that Justi got her (a zhu zhu pet mind you, if it were real I would be forced to do something horrible to her). Some great tunes from Megan and her family (Gilli's favorites apparently) that caused some great dancing! Too many great things, thanks to everybody. And a BIG thank you to every one who came to her party yesterday - you made it a lot of fun! We went to a local park that has a interactive water (fountain) park. Also, I made ice cream cone cup cakes, that, after making them for M's daycare class, remembered that schools don't really allow baked goods anymore. J's coworkers ate them instead (well, mostly J, but he shared a little).

Comments

M said…
Your cupcakes turned out so cute! Your kids are pretty cute too. :)
erin said…
Dude! No baked goods? That's just crazy talk. Love the photos. :) Wondering why there aren't any of you?! Is it because John is slacking? Or because you got to decided which photos post on the blog? Hmmm ... I wonder.

Popular posts from this blog

Stranger Danger

Ok. So, we've talked to M about strangers a bit, telling her to be safe and what not. A couple of times she brings it up when we say no she can't do something and she says "because there are stangers?" or some such. We haven't talked about it recently, but apparently the message stuck: We were at Wal-Mart, had just finised checking out and J went to use the restroom and M wanted to get a drink from the water fountain -I was still a few steps behind, so M said "Mom will you come a little bit closer?" and I said yes, and she continued "because you wouldn't want a stranger to grab me." I smiled and said "No I wouldn't like that." And she said "You would say 'oh no! someone has taken my child!" At which point I couldn't help but laugh and tell her how much I loved her.

back to school

We had a great trip up to Idaho for a family reunion (J's side of the family) after a short camping trip with some of my family in Iowa (not family from Iowa, just where we met up). We've been pretty busy and summer has disappeared. It didn't help that I had summer classes,and only 3 weeks off. We got to do some rough scouting in Colorado, to see where we might likely live when we finally move. Quite a few good stories, but I split them up. When we were in Colorado Springs we decided to go to Seven Falls - where they told us the Mountain elevator is broken, so they will take $1 off our admissions. We agreed, not minding 185 steps....wait, what did J just agree to? So we went to climb said stairs, which were small, and steep and seemed to go on forever; about half way up - the first set of stairs - M gets tired of climbing (we saw this coming,and I didn't blame her, I was tired too!) so I take E from J and J picks up M (he's stronger after all). We push ourselves th...

Go Figure

So, my kids go to educare ( a daycare center by my school, that has discounted student rates - otherwise I in no fashion could imagine paying for). Not only do I get student rates, but I also qualify for a grant that covers most of the costs. However - there is always, at some point, going to be a however. First, I couldn't keep their spots for my fall semester, unless I had them enrolled for the summer, which I wouldn't qualify for the grant unless I was taking full time classes...so I enrolled for summer classes (which I did not want to do) and kept them in. Then I found out that the summer rate covered by the grant would be less, meaning I would have to pay more - almost making it so I couldn't afford it, but we cut corners in our budget to make it work. Now, today, M's teacher told us that they are increasing the regular rate, and decreasing the student discount because the old rate isn't covering costs. Now I really and truly can not afford it. The daily r...