Skip to main content

Daddy's girl...

Today J came home sick from work...which is amazing because he doesn't normally take off a day for anything, even when he's sick. M and I have just been hangin out and playing, but when he came home and did't pick her up or stop to say hello she got really angry. Now, typically I can substitute and pick her up and she'll be fine, but I offered and she crawled away and started crying again. I offered again with the same result and decided just to let her figure it out herself. J decided take a bath, but, unknowing to him, he shut the bathroom door just as she wast crawling towards it - and him. Which got her even more upset...not only was dad not stopping to say hello, he was shutting her out. Once again I tried to help by distracting her, but nothing was to be done - she didn't want me, she wanted dad. So we opened the bathroom door and let her play in there while J took a bath. After the bath she still wouldn't let go...I've never seen her quite this attached before...J took her hand and she walked with him to the bedroom, but as soon as he let go she got angry again......well, apparently today is a dad day...too bad for miserable, sick dad, who doesn't even want to move.

Comments

erin said…
Awww ... but I always feel good even when I'm sick and my kitty wants to be with me ... granted I don't have to entertain, feed or change her.
M said…
Poor, John! Feel better soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Stranger Danger

Ok. So, we've talked to M about strangers a bit, telling her to be safe and what not. A couple of times she brings it up when we say no she can't do something and she says "because there are stangers?" or some such. We haven't talked about it recently, but apparently the message stuck: We were at Wal-Mart, had just finised checking out and J went to use the restroom and M wanted to get a drink from the water fountain -I was still a few steps behind, so M said "Mom will you come a little bit closer?" and I said yes, and she continued "because you wouldn't want a stranger to grab me." I smiled and said "No I wouldn't like that." And she said "You would say 'oh no! someone has taken my child!" At which point I couldn't help but laugh and tell her how much I loved her.

back to school

We had a great trip up to Idaho for a family reunion (J's side of the family) after a short camping trip with some of my family in Iowa (not family from Iowa, just where we met up). We've been pretty busy and summer has disappeared. It didn't help that I had summer classes,and only 3 weeks off. We got to do some rough scouting in Colorado, to see where we might likely live when we finally move. Quite a few good stories, but I split them up. When we were in Colorado Springs we decided to go to Seven Falls - where they told us the Mountain elevator is broken, so they will take $1 off our admissions. We agreed, not minding 185 steps....wait, what did J just agree to? So we went to climb said stairs, which were small, and steep and seemed to go on forever; about half way up - the first set of stairs - M gets tired of climbing (we saw this coming,and I didn't blame her, I was tired too!) so I take E from J and J picks up M (he's stronger after all). We push ourselves th...

Go Figure

So, my kids go to educare ( a daycare center by my school, that has discounted student rates - otherwise I in no fashion could imagine paying for). Not only do I get student rates, but I also qualify for a grant that covers most of the costs. However - there is always, at some point, going to be a however. First, I couldn't keep their spots for my fall semester, unless I had them enrolled for the summer, which I wouldn't qualify for the grant unless I was taking full time classes...so I enrolled for summer classes (which I did not want to do) and kept them in. Then I found out that the summer rate covered by the grant would be less, meaning I would have to pay more - almost making it so I couldn't afford it, but we cut corners in our budget to make it work. Now, today, M's teacher told us that they are increasing the regular rate, and decreasing the student discount because the old rate isn't covering costs. Now I really and truly can not afford it. The daily r...