Skip to main content

Oh boogers!

so, I don't have much time to blog, but I wanted to share my adventure for the day. It's a first for M and I. J and Justine have been sick the last couple of days, and today M was sounding kinda stuffy, which remined me that I needed to give her her nasal spray. Low and behold as I tried to squirt, it sounded funny! Any guesses? Yes, that's right, she had something shoved up her nose! (This is a new fixation for her the last couple days -- trying to put things in her nose) So, I get the tweezers (don't worry it wasn't that far in...I wasn't gonna hurt her) and pulled it out....it was insulation foam from the crack by our door that she had picked out and put up there. Just to be sure, I get a flashlight and look in, and there is more in there, but way to far up for me to get, or even think about putting in tweezers. So...I call the doctor and the doctor says...no more monkeys...okay, no. We went in to the doctor and she pulled out another wad of foamy stuff. Then, just to be sure, the doctor takes a flashlight and looks up there, and there is more! When she finally fishes it out it is not foamy stuff, it's a piece of a wipe!!

In any case M is fine, and she did absolutley wonderfully at the doctors office, with no whining or complaining the whole time!

Comments

M said…
Oh. My. Gosh.

You'd better keep an eye on that nose stuffer for a few days!
erin said…
Crazy kid. How are the ducks doing?

Popular posts from this blog

Stranger Danger

Ok. So, we've talked to M about strangers a bit, telling her to be safe and what not. A couple of times she brings it up when we say no she can't do something and she says "because there are stangers?" or some such. We haven't talked about it recently, but apparently the message stuck: We were at Wal-Mart, had just finised checking out and J went to use the restroom and M wanted to get a drink from the water fountain -I was still a few steps behind, so M said "Mom will you come a little bit closer?" and I said yes, and she continued "because you wouldn't want a stranger to grab me." I smiled and said "No I wouldn't like that." And she said "You would say 'oh no! someone has taken my child!" At which point I couldn't help but laugh and tell her how much I loved her.

back to school

We had a great trip up to Idaho for a family reunion (J's side of the family) after a short camping trip with some of my family in Iowa (not family from Iowa, just where we met up). We've been pretty busy and summer has disappeared. It didn't help that I had summer classes,and only 3 weeks off. We got to do some rough scouting in Colorado, to see where we might likely live when we finally move. Quite a few good stories, but I split them up. When we were in Colorado Springs we decided to go to Seven Falls - where they told us the Mountain elevator is broken, so they will take $1 off our admissions. We agreed, not minding 185 steps....wait, what did J just agree to? So we went to climb said stairs, which were small, and steep and seemed to go on forever; about half way up - the first set of stairs - M gets tired of climbing (we saw this coming,and I didn't blame her, I was tired too!) so I take E from J and J picks up M (he's stronger after all). We push ourselves th...

Go Figure

So, my kids go to educare ( a daycare center by my school, that has discounted student rates - otherwise I in no fashion could imagine paying for). Not only do I get student rates, but I also qualify for a grant that covers most of the costs. However - there is always, at some point, going to be a however. First, I couldn't keep their spots for my fall semester, unless I had them enrolled for the summer, which I wouldn't qualify for the grant unless I was taking full time classes...so I enrolled for summer classes (which I did not want to do) and kept them in. Then I found out that the summer rate covered by the grant would be less, meaning I would have to pay more - almost making it so I couldn't afford it, but we cut corners in our budget to make it work. Now, today, M's teacher told us that they are increasing the regular rate, and decreasing the student discount because the old rate isn't covering costs. Now I really and truly can not afford it. The daily r...