Skip to main content

I'm back..

sorry it's been awhile. My vacation in Minnesota was great. It was fun seeing everyone. Now I'm home...I've had issue's with school that I'm rather upset about. I'm down to only 2 classes now - Speach and Math. I don't want to explain the story (it's frustrating and complicated).
Funny story about M though. We were visiting Grandma Gauthier (not to be confused with Grandma Jo) and M kept getting into candy left over from easter. WE let her have a couple of pieces, but soon called it quits. After both of us telling her no a few times we were getting tired of the candy and so put it up. M found one more piece, which J took away saying "no more, we're going to eat dinner soon." He handed me the candy to get it out of sight and mind of M. I looked at it and it was sour lemon head. Thinking she would hate it and would give up on candy for the night, I told her "okay, M, one last piece, come here." She got all excited and smiley and came to me. J picked her up into his lap as I opened the candy. Just before I let her have a lick she turns to J and says, with a rather 'ha, i win' tone..."Daddy say no, no!" grinning from ear to ear, knowing that she got her way even though dad said no more...and mom said yes. I couldn't believe it! She's growing up and catching on.....oh no. (oh, and she liked the lemon head! crazy kid!!)

Comments

Emily said…
It's about time you're back! Smart kid - if someone says no, then ask someone else. not a good sign for you...
erin said…
That's what you get for trying to trick her. You know the girls in this family are too clever for that.
M said…
Way too smart. And cute.

Popular posts from this blog

Stranger Danger

Ok. So, we've talked to M about strangers a bit, telling her to be safe and what not. A couple of times she brings it up when we say no she can't do something and she says "because there are stangers?" or some such. We haven't talked about it recently, but apparently the message stuck: We were at Wal-Mart, had just finised checking out and J went to use the restroom and M wanted to get a drink from the water fountain -I was still a few steps behind, so M said "Mom will you come a little bit closer?" and I said yes, and she continued "because you wouldn't want a stranger to grab me." I smiled and said "No I wouldn't like that." And she said "You would say 'oh no! someone has taken my child!" At which point I couldn't help but laugh and tell her how much I loved her.

back to school

We had a great trip up to Idaho for a family reunion (J's side of the family) after a short camping trip with some of my family in Iowa (not family from Iowa, just where we met up). We've been pretty busy and summer has disappeared. It didn't help that I had summer classes,and only 3 weeks off. We got to do some rough scouting in Colorado, to see where we might likely live when we finally move. Quite a few good stories, but I split them up. When we were in Colorado Springs we decided to go to Seven Falls - where they told us the Mountain elevator is broken, so they will take $1 off our admissions. We agreed, not minding 185 steps....wait, what did J just agree to? So we went to climb said stairs, which were small, and steep and seemed to go on forever; about half way up - the first set of stairs - M gets tired of climbing (we saw this coming,and I didn't blame her, I was tired too!) so I take E from J and J picks up M (he's stronger after all). We push ourselves th...

Go Figure

So, my kids go to educare ( a daycare center by my school, that has discounted student rates - otherwise I in no fashion could imagine paying for). Not only do I get student rates, but I also qualify for a grant that covers most of the costs. However - there is always, at some point, going to be a however. First, I couldn't keep their spots for my fall semester, unless I had them enrolled for the summer, which I wouldn't qualify for the grant unless I was taking full time classes...so I enrolled for summer classes (which I did not want to do) and kept them in. Then I found out that the summer rate covered by the grant would be less, meaning I would have to pay more - almost making it so I couldn't afford it, but we cut corners in our budget to make it work. Now, today, M's teacher told us that they are increasing the regular rate, and decreasing the student discount because the old rate isn't covering costs. Now I really and truly can not afford it. The daily r...