Skip to main content

A New BLOG , YAY

so, this isn't a very interesting blog, but it's been forever since there's been one at all. We turned off our AT&T internet and phone, because they are ridiculous and charged as about $100 a month more than we were supposed to be charged...hey, we're poor and that's just wrong!! Anyhow, that's why I have no internet and no blogging. We're trying to kick the moving thing into gear...we can move into our new trailer any time now...if I could just make myself pack. School's going alright...I though I did terrible on my last math test, but ended up getting a 95%...so, i'm satisfied. I'm at the school library right now using their internet...I was studying for my Biology test, but information stopped actually entering my brain, it was just going in one ear and out the other (so to speak). M is being wonderful as always, she's talking more and can mimick words pretty well when she feels like it. She throws fits every once in awhile which is actually very amusing to me! She gets mad and sorta runs/waddles away from me, yelling, and then stops, usually hits the floor a couple times with her hands, or stops at a wall or piece of furniture, hits it, and then looks back at me angrily...It looks really funny. Then she's done. She's growing up way too fast for me...I'm starting to want another one. ::gasp:: But, I can't quite convince myself to try yet. Halloween is coming up and the Fall Family Festival held at my aunt and uncle May's house -- it's awesome and I can't wait!! I don't know what J and I are going to be though...M is gonna me a pumpkin. Then there's Christmas, which I love, but I am so poor that gift giving has kinda lost it's fun. Actually gift-giving is still excellent, it's the gift buying that isn't fun. That's all that's happening around here. C-ya.

Comments

erin said…
I wish I got to go to the Halloween festival! I would snuggle that pumpkin all day!
M said…
No! I want to snuggle the pumpkin!

Popular posts from this blog

Stranger Danger

Ok. So, we've talked to M about strangers a bit, telling her to be safe and what not. A couple of times she brings it up when we say no she can't do something and she says "because there are stangers?" or some such. We haven't talked about it recently, but apparently the message stuck: We were at Wal-Mart, had just finised checking out and J went to use the restroom and M wanted to get a drink from the water fountain -I was still a few steps behind, so M said "Mom will you come a little bit closer?" and I said yes, and she continued "because you wouldn't want a stranger to grab me." I smiled and said "No I wouldn't like that." And she said "You would say 'oh no! someone has taken my child!" At which point I couldn't help but laugh and tell her how much I loved her.

back to school

We had a great trip up to Idaho for a family reunion (J's side of the family) after a short camping trip with some of my family in Iowa (not family from Iowa, just where we met up). We've been pretty busy and summer has disappeared. It didn't help that I had summer classes,and only 3 weeks off. We got to do some rough scouting in Colorado, to see where we might likely live when we finally move. Quite a few good stories, but I split them up. When we were in Colorado Springs we decided to go to Seven Falls - where they told us the Mountain elevator is broken, so they will take $1 off our admissions. We agreed, not minding 185 steps....wait, what did J just agree to? So we went to climb said stairs, which were small, and steep and seemed to go on forever; about half way up - the first set of stairs - M gets tired of climbing (we saw this coming,and I didn't blame her, I was tired too!) so I take E from J and J picks up M (he's stronger after all). We push ourselves th...

Go Figure

So, my kids go to educare ( a daycare center by my school, that has discounted student rates - otherwise I in no fashion could imagine paying for). Not only do I get student rates, but I also qualify for a grant that covers most of the costs. However - there is always, at some point, going to be a however. First, I couldn't keep their spots for my fall semester, unless I had them enrolled for the summer, which I wouldn't qualify for the grant unless I was taking full time classes...so I enrolled for summer classes (which I did not want to do) and kept them in. Then I found out that the summer rate covered by the grant would be less, meaning I would have to pay more - almost making it so I couldn't afford it, but we cut corners in our budget to make it work. Now, today, M's teacher told us that they are increasing the regular rate, and decreasing the student discount because the old rate isn't covering costs. Now I really and truly can not afford it. The daily r...